Inmarsat IsatPhone 2 New firmware release26 Май, 2017
The IsatPhone 2 firmware version 02.00.03 has now been released and is available for download.
Firmware version 02.00.03 supersedes the mandatory firmware version 02.00.01 that was released in April 2017.
For those customers that have not installed the Firmware version 02.00.01 this is a mandatory firmware upgrade, meaning that the features introduced by the firmware are critical for the functionality of he GSPS service including the network and the IsatPhone 2 handset.
For the customers that have upgraded to firmware version 02.00.01 this is a recommended firmware upgrade that provide bug fixes for the user interface only.
Pre-requisites for installation and advice after installation:
In order to upgrade the handset’s firmware you must have a PC running Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or XP.
The latest version of the USB drivers and the IsatPhone 2’s firmware upgrade tool must be installed.
The new USB drivers and a new IsatPhone 2 firmware upgrade tool were released on the 21st April 2017.
Please read the installation guides for the firmware upgrade tool and USB drivers which are also downloadable from the website.
Fixes and enhancements in this release
- Corrected bugs affecting the Chinese language user interface
Fixes and enhancements in the previous release 02.00.01
- Added options for battery charging to extend the battery life
- Added Turkish language support
- Support for India Gateway and for new MEAS region
- Improved handling of GPS leap second events
- Improved reported GPS location accuracy
- Corrected email reply format
- Removed occasional crash events in some occasions